Monday, June 10, 2013

Before Departure

Hello, My name is Sara Hobbs. However, there are a lot of Sara's on this trip so everyone can call me SaraBeth. I am from Valdosta, GA and I attend Valdosta State. I recently declared my major as Psychology. I am very excited about declaring my major and starting my journey to become an Art Therapist. I am very into music and having a good time with friends. One thing that makes me whole is my love for art. I have been painting since my mother gave me paper and watercolor paints. I am a very friendly person. I love to smile and laugh.

I was really lucky when my English teacher pulled me aside and told me that about the Ireland Study Abroad trip. I have always wanted to go to Ireland, so I started looking up how much it cost and what I would need to do to get there. I have never been out of the country or even on a plane. I decided to do study abroad because I could get college credits and it would be a wonderful life experience. I looked at the other programs, but Ireland just popped out at me. Ireland is such a beautiful country and I can not wait to learn about their culture.

I am super excited about leaving the country and getting this wonderful chance to see the world. I am also nervous about being out on my own for the next five weeks. I can not wait to meet my roommates and make some great new friendships. The first free weekend in Dublin I will be going to the play which is going to be so much fun. I am also spending my birthday in Ireland and on that same weekend which I am super excited for. I am nervous about not having great time management skills over there and not using my time wisely. There is only more thing I am nervous about and that is I am not going to want to come back to the states after the trip. I am so excited that I got this opportunity. I had to work my fingers to the bone to get the money. When I get off that plane in Ireland its going to be very rewarding to know that I finally made it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment